In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts.
This edition contains updates on important state court decisions in New Jersey, New York, Alabama, Washington, Nebraska, Arkansas, and North Carolina.
- New Jersey Demands More From Eyewitnesses: State v. Henderson by Shyler Engel
- Duties to the Unborn: Alabama Supreme Court Deems Viability Irrelevant to Fetal Wrongful-Death Actions by Jonathan Berry
- Washington Supreme Court Rules on Attorney General’s Discretion to Enter Litigation in Two Landmark Cases by Seth Cooper
- Nebraska High Court Applies Common Law Doctrine of In Loco Parentis to Confer Standing on Former Same-Sex Domestic Partner in Child Custody Dispute by Megan T.R. Hitchens
- Arkansas Supreme Court Strikes Down Ban on Adoption by Unmarried Cohabitating Couples by Jordan E. Pratt
- North Carolina Appellate Court Decides when Municipality May Be Held Liable in Public Park Case by Jonathan Y. Ellis
- New York State’s Highest Court Reverses Major Tort Award in World Trade Center Bombing Litigation by Craig Mausler